The Evergreen Line is an 11-kilometre extension to the existing SkyTrain system in Metro Vancouver, seamlessly integrating with the Millennium Line at Lougheed Town Centre Station. It will be a fast, frequent and convenient SkyTrain service, connecting Coquitlam City Centre through Port Moody to Lougheed Town Centre in approximately 15 minutes. It will connect without transfer to the current SkyTrain network at Lougheed Town Centre Station and will integrate with regional bus and West Coast Express networks.
The Evergreen Line will bring many benefits to Metro Vancouver and the Northeast sector, including:
- stimulating community growth and development;
- creating compact, liveable communities and shorter commutes;
- providing direct connection, without transfer, onto the Millennium Line;
- frequent service (every three minutes during peak periods and service almost 20 hours a day);
- increased transportation choice and better connections between regional centres in Metro Vancouver; and
- generating an estimated 8,000 direct and indirect jobs during construction.
|Number of Stations||7|
|Travel Time||Approximately 15 minutes from Lougheed Town Centre to Coquitlam|
|Speed||Maximum operating speed of 80 km/h|
|Construction||The Evergreen Line will be complete and in service in late 2016.|