The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure has received an Environmental Assessment Certificate for the Evergreen Line Rapid Transit Project. The Environmental Assessment included a full review of potential project–related impacts and proposed mitigation measures.
Environmental Review Process
- February 2011 - Environmental Assessment Certificate approved. Info Bulletin
- Fall 2010 - Assessment Report documenting the findings of the assessment, how public comments have been addressed and whether any issues remain outstanding prepared by the BC Environmental Assessment Office (EAO). Once the Assessment Report is finalized, it is submitted to the Minister of Environment and Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure or Minister of Community and Rural Development for decision.
- June 30 – August 29, 2010 - 60-day Public Comment Period on the Evergreen Line Environmental Assessment Certificate Application. The public will have the opportunity to provide feedback on the results of the studies and proposed mitigation measures.
- June 2010 - Environmental Assessment Certificate (EAC) Application and supporting studies released.
- May 2010 - Evergreen Line Project submitted its Environmental Assessment Certificate (EAC) application and supporting studies to the BC Environmental Assessment Office (EAO) for internal review.
- September – October 2009 - 30-day Public Comment Period on the Evergreen Line Draft Application Information Requirements, which specified the studies to be conducted.
- May 2009 - Evergreen Line Project Description Report filed.
For more information about the Environmental Assessment process, including a copy of the complete application and comments received during the public comment period, please visit www.eao.gov.bc.ca.
Environmental Assessment Fact Sheets (June 2010)
- Air Quality Assessment
- Arboricultural Assessment
- Archaeology and Heritage Assessment
- Electric and Magnetic Fields Assessment
- Fisheries and Aquatic Habitat Assessment
- Human Health Effects Assessment
- Noise and Vibration Assessment (Updated Jul. 14, 2010)
- Screening Level Contaminated Sites Assessment (Updated Jul. 14, 2010)
- Socio-community and Socio-economic Assessment
- Terrestrial Biophysical Assessment
- Environmental Assessment Open House Display Boards
- Application for Environmental Assessment Certificate available at www.eao.gov.bc.ca
Draft Environmental Assessment Application Information Requirements Documents